Qualcomm finally announced a new Snapdragon 690 5G chipset featuring Snapdragon X51 5G modem-RF system for better 5G support. The new chips feature various improvements over the other Snapdragon 600 series chipsets. It features a 5th generation AI engine to support the smart camera, voice translation and better imaging with tweaked gaming experience. It supports 120Hz refresh rate and4K HDR display technology support.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 690 houses a Qualcomm ‘Kryo’ 560 CPU which brings 20% performance compared to the predecessor. It can easily manage 1.2Gbps of download on LTE and 2.5GBps on the uplink. Meanwhile, support uplink speed of 210Mbps over LTE and 660 MBps on 5G network.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 690 Features
- Snapdragon 690 features an improved X51 modem that supports global SA and NSA bands. It enables 4k HDR video recording and can host up to 192MP primary camera for jaw-dropping photography.
- The Qualcomm Snapdragon 690 chipset features Adreno 619L GPU which is 60% faster than the Snapdragon 675 chipset.
- The Spectra 255l ISP offers crispt and noise reduced photos.
- It features 60% improved AI performance which can aid several smart processors on smartphones.
- It houses a Qualcomm FastConnect 6200 MobileConnectivity SubSystem for 2×2 WiFi 6 support. However, the Qualcomm aptX helps in better Adaptive audio with low latency, high-quality wireless audio.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 690 Availability or Presence
According to Qualcomm, the latest Snapdragon 690 will become available with smartphones from HMD Global, LG Electronics, Motorola, SHARP, TCL, and Wingtech. The smartphones running it will start coming in the second half of 2020.