Today, Qualcomm launched the Snapdragon X65 5G modem and radio frequency system (“Snapdragon X65” for short) – the 4th generation 5G modem-to-antenna solution. What’s more interesting, we are dealing with the world’s first modem and radio frequency system that supports 10Gbps 5G rate and conforms to 3GPP 16 specifications.
The Snapdragon X65 is the company’s biggest leap in 5G solutions. The system is designed to support the fastest 5G transmission speed on the market through wireless performance comparable to optical fiber, and to make full use of the available spectrum to achieve ultimate network flexibility, capacity and coverage. In addition to the Snapdragon X65, Qualcomm Technologies also launched the Snapdragon X62 5G modem and radio frequency system (“Snapdragon X62” for short), a modem-to-antenna solution optimized for the mainstream mobile broadband application market.
Also Read: Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G flagship SoC is officially announced with an integrated 5G modem
If summarizing, the key innovations of Qualcomm’s flagship Snapdragon X65 5G modem and radio frequency system include:
- The scalable architecture supports enhancement, expansion and customization across 5G market segments;
- The fourth-generation Qualcomm QTM545 millimeter wave antenna module is designed to expand mobile millimeter wave network coverage and improve energy efficiency;
- The world’s first AI antenna tuning technology is the first step in introducing the company’s pioneering AI research and development results over a decade into mobile radio systems;
- The next-generation power tracking solution is smaller, more efficient and has higher performance-compared with ordinary power tracking technology;
- The most comprehensive spectrum aggregation.
The Snapdragon X65 and Snapdragon X62 are currently sampling to customers. Commercial terminals based on these two modems and radio frequency solutions are expected to be on the market later in 2021.