Redmi Note 6 Pro is a popular phone, it was launched back in September 2018. The phone comes with Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box and now it’s upgradable to Android 9.0 Pie out of the box. However, you’re fed up from the MIUI user interface of Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro and want to install a custom ROM. Then you’re at the right place, here in this article we will guide you, How to install a custom ROM on your Redmi Note 6 Pro.
Must See: Xiaomi is working on a smartphone with 144Hz LCD screen & Dimensity 1000+, or Redmi K-series
Redmi Note 6 Pro features a 6.26 inches IPS LCD display with a 1080 x 2280 pixel resolution. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Soc and Adreno 509 GPU. The phone comes in three variants i.e. 3GB RAM +32GB internal, 4GB +64GB, and 6GB + 64GB. Redmi Note 6 Pro is packed with a dual-camera at the back with 12MP main camera + 5MP depth sensor. On the front side, there is also a dual camera with 20MP + 2MP. It is backed up by a 4000 mAh battery with 10W fast charging.
What is Custom ROM?
The customized version of the Android operating system is called custom ROM. The custom ROMs are very useful in many ways, we have listed some of its main advantages below.
- You can uninstall the bloatware apps from your phone.
- Custom mods can be installed on custom ROMs.
- It improves the performance of your Android phones.
- Get fast Android updates faster.
- You will be able to personalize everything on your phone.
Note: Gadgetsay is no way responsible for any damage to the device and data. Moreover, installing Custom ROM on your phone voids the warranty.
Guide to install Custom ROM on Redmi Note 6 PRO
Before starting the installation process of custom ROM on Redmi Note 6 Pro make sure you have all the prerequisites things listed below.
Steps to Install the Custom ROM on Redmi Note 6 Pro
- We are assuming that you have rooted Redmi Note 6 Pro and downloaded the best custom ROM for Redmi Note 6 Pro.
- Boot Redmi Note 6 Pro into the recovery mode by pressing “Power” +“Volume up” + “Volume down”.
- Once you’re in recovery mode, now go to “Wipe” and then “Advanced Wipe” and select the system, data, Dalvik/ART Cache, and swipe to wipe it.
- From the TWRP recovery home tap on the Install button and select the custom ROM file and swipe it to install.
- After the installation process completes. If the ROM doesn’t have inbuilt Gapps then install Gapps zip recommended for the ROM now.
- Reboot Redmi Note 6 Pro, the phone will reboot in new custom ROM. That’s it.
We hope you successfully flash the custom ROM on Redmi Note 6 Pro. If you get any problem or issue while following the steps above in this article, then kindly tell us the comments section below. We will try to give you a solution to your problem.