Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 6 Pro is a feature-packed Android smartphone running Snapdragon 636 SoC and Android 8.1 Oreo OS. It is a rigid bead of the Redmi Note series, which is as popular among fans as other devices. Those who want to root and install TWRP recovery on their Redmi Note 6 Pro, here’s a guide for them. So, continue to read for step-by-step guidance.
Rooting any Android smartphone device is a bit technical process. One can’t just proceed with the job without making for some preliminary arrangements. One of the crucial tasks is to unlock the bootloader of the device. Well, this post will elaborate on various steps in a simpler manner so that readers can perform the process without any baffle.
TWRP Recovery is amongst the most widely used custom recovery. It is a prominent contribution from Android developers to unlock numerous features, i.e. installing custom ROM, Kernel, root and data backup, etc. Therefore, once you have installed the TWRP recovery, then rooting process is going to be a cakewalk even for botchy users.
Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Smartphone
In this section, you will learn how to install TWRP Recovery on your Redmi Note 6 Pro handset. It is not a cinch and you need to have patience during the process. So, follow the steps vigilantly to avoid any ilk of damage or brick your phone.
- Make sure your Redmi Note 6 Pro is charged at least 70%.
- You should have a laptop/PC.
- Your handset’s bootloader must be unlocked.
- Now, install the latest Xiaomi USB Driver.
- Do a backup of your private data using our definitive guide.
- Download the Fastboot and ADB tool and extract it.
- Download the Magisk Manager zip file and save it in the phone’s internal storage.
- Download the TWRP image file and move it to the ADB folder.
- And most importantly, this guide is meant for only Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro.
NOTE: We request you to follow the steps very carefully as it could damage your phone permanently if any input goes the wrong way. Gadgetsay are totally out of the onus and it will be at your risk. Nothing bad will happen if you proceed astutely.
Steps to Flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 6 Pro
- Extract the Fastboot and ADB folder after downloading.
- Now, press the SHIFT key + Right Click in the empty area to open the command window (CMD).
- Turn off you Redmi Note 6 Pro smartphone.
- Once done, now is the time to connect your device to your PC via a USB cable.
- Now, press the Power On + Volume Down buttons simultaneously to boot your handset in the fastboot mode.
- Further, you will type the ‘fastboot flash recovery twrp.img’ command in the CMD, and press enter.
- Again, type the command ‘fastboot boot twrp.img’ and press Enter.
- Wait for few seconds to boot your handset into TWRP.
- Once booted into TWRP, you need to swipe the arrow to the right to reach TWRP main menu.
- Now, tap the ‘Format’ button and wait for TWRP to format the data.
- Now, you can reboot your device using the ‘Reboot’ button in the TWRP main menu.
- That’s it in the TWRP installation process.
Root Note 6 Pro Using Magisk
Rooting gives access to the administrator-level permissions on your Redmi Note 6 Pro. Here’s how to root
- First of all, boot your phone into the TWRP mode.
- Tap the ‘Install’ button in the TWRP interface.
- Now, find the Magisk file on the following page.
- Now, swipe to the right to confirm flash.
- It will install the Magisk file. Now, Reboot your phone.
- You have rooted your Redmi Note 6 Pro successfully.
We hope you have successfully installed TWRP on Redmi Note 6 Pro and rooted it using Magisk. If any issues, let us know via the comments below.