Xiaomi unveiled the Redmi Note 7 Pro in February 2019. The device came with Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10.2 Global Stable edition. Redmi Note 7 Pro still leads in popularity almost a year now since it was launched. Sometime last month, when the update of Android 10 for devices and smartphones with large screens was being rolled out, Xiaomi also released the MIUI 10 update for Redmi Note 7 Pro.
Xiaomi is known for publishing Android updates on time. Therefore, we’re likely to see the Android 10 update for the Redmi Note 7 Pro in the near future. Xiaomi hasn’t announced the Android 10 update roadmap yet. So if you’re a Redmi Note 7 Pro user and you want the latest Android 10 then this article is for you. Several 3rd party developers have already rolled out a number of custom ROM for the Redmi Note 7 Pro. So in this article we’ll be looking at how to install custom ROM on Redmi Note 7 Pro. Specifically the Pixel Experience-based ROM. The steps outlined can be used to install any custom ROM on the list we provide below.
Disclaimer: Unlocking the boot loader and flashing ROM may void your device warranty. Gadgetsay.com is not responsible for any damage to your device as a result of you using this information so proceed with caution.
- The unlocked bootloader of Redmi Note 7 Pro
- You must have TWRP installed on Redmi Note 7 Pro
- Download custom ROM for Redmi Note 7 Pro
- Charge battery up to at least 60%
- Download Gapps package.
Steps to install custom ROM on Redmi Note 7 Pro:
- Turn off your smartphone. Then, Boot into Recovery mode. You can do this by pressing and holding down the “Volume Up + Power button” simultaneously.
- Press the “Volume Up” button to proceed when you get a warning message.
- Your device will now boot and enter into the “TWRP Recovery” Mode.
- Choose “Wipe >> Advance Wipe >> Select Cache >> Dalvik >> System Data.
- System Data will erase all files including your existing operating system.
- Go back to the main menu of TWRP to choose “Install”.
- Choose the Pixel Experience ROM Zip file.
- After the Installation Reboot Your Redmi Note 7 Pro.
The Redmi Note 7 Pro is a mid-range smartphone and a lot of improvements are expected as far as the custom ROMs are concerned. If you decide to flash the Pixel Experience ROM on your device then you’re likely to see significant improvement in terms of performance and User Interface. So if you’re not an MIUI fan and don’t know but much about modding including rooting, then this you should be able to easily flash your Redmi Note 7 Pro custom ROM with the help of this guide. In case you go for a different custom ROM besides Pixel Experience, then ensure you read developer notes to find out what’s working and what’s not first.
Always advisable to use official custom ROMs like Pixel Experience or Lineage that have solid support, otherwise you might lose HD streaming in case your ROM doesn’t support Widevine L1. That’s what we have for now. Do not hesitate to share in case you know someone that would benefit from learning how to install custom ROM on Redmi Note 7 Pro. Cheers.