Samsung Galaxy A20 smartphone users are free to root their beloved Android handset and install TWRP Recovery on it. It will void your phone’s warranty, and even snatches several perks in the basket too. So, if you want to know how to root Galaxy A20 and install TWRP Recovery, here you have landed the perfect destination.
Rooting Android devices is only possible because of the open-source nature of Google’s Android operating system. It allows you to redesign your handset’s OS as per your needs and preferences. Hence, it is the process of grabbing privileged control over various Android systems. Android executes the Linux kernel; therefore, rooting Android devices allow similar access to administrative allocations as on Linux etc.
So, without wasting any further moment, lets quickly go through the detailed and step-by-step guide on how to root Galaxy A20 and Install TWRP Recovery. TWRP Recovery brings touchscreen with an encryption mode. It makes rooting Galaxy A20 easier once you flash TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) Recovery.
Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy A20
In this section, we will discuss the step-by-step process of installing TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A20. Once finished it successfully, you will be all set to flash any of the custom ROMs on your device.
- Installing TWRP Recovery terminates the phone warranty blatantly.
- You can be finished with a bricked device if anything goes wrong.
- Make sure to enable OEM Unlocking and Debugging in Developer Options.
- Users will no longer be eligible to use some brand-driven apps like Samsung Pay and Samsung Health etc.
- Most importantly, after installing TWRP Recovery on your device, you are also unlikely to get OTA updates in the future.
- You need a laptop/desktop and a USB cable.
- Download the official TWRP image.
- Similarly, download the ODIN tool and install it on your PC.
- Download ADB and USB drivers on PC.
- Further, make sure to reserve a backup of your data and files on your PC or cloud.
Steps to Install TWRP on Galaxy J20
- First of all, press the Power & Volume Down keys together to get your Galaxy A20 in Download Mode.
- Now, connect your handset with PC via USB cable.
- Next, launch the ODIN tool. It will identify your handset as USB Slot 1 or 2.
- Further, you have to load the Twrp.img file in the AP section. It will initiate the installation process. Meanwhile, please don’t touch the USB cable as it can disturb the process.
- Now, hit the ‘Start’ button.
- You may witness the ‘Not Respond’ message. But don’t worry. It will not malign the process.
- Once done, you will see a message read ‘Pass.’
- Congratulations! You have installed TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A20 successfully.
Steps to Root Galaxy A20
- First of all, download the Magisk zip file and move it to your phone’s internal storage.
- Now, once you have installed TWRP Recovery on your device, launch the TWRP interface.
- Hit the ‘Install’ button in the menu.
- Now, navigate the Magisk file that you have stored in the internal slot and load it.
- Now, swipe right to confirm the installation process.
- Once finished, tap on the ‘Reboot system’ option.
- That’s it. You have rooted your Samsung Galaxy A20 Android smartphone successfully.
As you see, installing TWRP Recovery and rooting Galaxy A20 phone is quite a simple process. You need to stay vigilant while performing steps. Once you have done it, you are liable to enjoy exceptional performance and attractive utilities altogether.