Today in our guide we’ll look at how to root Galaxy J7 and install TWRP recovery. There multiple ways you can accomplish both tasks, that’s to root the Galaxy J7 as well as install TWRP recovery. We’ll cover the most common ways to accomplish each task. It’s always good to have alternatives just in case one method fails.
Disclaimer: Gadgetsay.com will not be responsible for any damage or loss incurred due to your use of this information. Using custom recoveries, rooting, and flashing custom ROM are procedures usually meant for advanced users so ensure you’re fully informed and proceed with caution.
Root Galaxy J7 and Install TWRP
- Enable Developer Option and OEM Unlock.
- Download Odin for Galaxy J7.
- Back-up your Samsung Galaxy J7 to secure your important data.
- Download TWRP for Samsung Galaxy J7 into your computer.
- Charge your device to at least 60%.
- Download SuperSU for Galaxy J7 or Magisk.
- Install ADB and Fastboot binaries.
Steps to install TWRP on Galaxy J7 using ADB
- Firstly, rename the downloaded TWRP image file to TWRP and move it into the ADB folder.
- Next, open the adb folder, then hold shift key and right-click over the folder then choose the open command window here.
- Connect your Galaxy J7 device with the computer and type the command below into command prompt:
adb reboot bootloader
- Then follow with the command below once you’re into bootloader mode
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- TWRP will be flashed on your device.
- If the flashing goes well. Enter the command below to reboot your device.
- Complete. You have successfully installed TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy J7 smartphone.
Steps to install TWRP on Galaxy J7 using ODIN
- Switch off your smartphone.
- Boot into recovery mode by pressing “Volume down+home+power buttons” simultaneously for about 6 seconds.
- Next press the “Volume up” button to proceed.
- Browse to the ODIN file you downloaded on your computer.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer via USB cable.
- ODIN will show added in the log once it detects your smartphone.
- In the ODIN screen click on AP and choose the TWRP recovery file you downloaded.
- Click start to initiate the flashing process.
- ODIN will show ‘PASS’ if the flashing process was a success meaning TWRP recovery has been flashed.
Galaxy J7 can be rooted in a number of ways. We’ll explore the 3 most common.
Steps to root Galaxy J7 using SuperSu
- Switch-off device.
- Boot into TWRP recovery by pressing the “Volume up + power button” at once for a few seconds.
- Select install once in TWRP mode.
- Browse to the downloaded SuperSU file.
- Once you locate it “Swipe” to confirm Flash.
- The flashing process will begin and once it completes proceed to “Wipe Cache/Dalvik”.
- Go back and reboot your smartphone.
Steps to root Galaxy J7 using Magisk
- Move downloaded Magisk Manager onto your device.
- Now boot into TWRP mode and tap “install”.
- Browse for the Magisk file and swipe to install.
- Restart your device to complete the process.
That’s how to root Galaxy J7 and Install TWRP Recovery. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to drop us a message via the comments section below and do not forget to check back regularly for new tips and tricks.