After many rumours, Google unveiled the Google Pixel 4a. Now if you have already bought the Google Pixel 4a, then you would be glad to now that GadgetSay has managed to root Google Pixel 4a. We have brought you a well-explained guide to root the smartphone after unlocking the bootloader. Like other Android devices, Google’s new warrior also comes with a locked bootloader. Hence, we are here to guide you to root Google Pixel 4a and unlock Google Pixel 4A bootloader.
Must See: Download Google Pixel 5 Live Wallpapers
Months after being a part of the speculation wing, the Google Pixel 4A smartphone has finally landed on the market. The internet giant launched the device a few months ago in August 2020 with a set of impeccable features and advancements. The handset also has arrived in India last month with exclusive offers on Flipkart.
Google Pixel 4A – Budget Android Device with Stunning Features
The Google Pixel 4A phone comes as a successor to the already-launched Pixel 3A. It brings great camera features at such a surprising price tag.
In terms of some highlighting qualities, the Google Pixel 4A device houses a 5.81” Full HD+ OLED screen with 2340×1080 pixels resolution and 19.5:9 aspect ratio. The Always-on display also supports HDR and 443 PPI pixels density.
Further, the handset comes integrated with Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G octa-core processor. The storage slots are filled with 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. The software front installs the Android 10 OS.
Google Pixel 4A users will get a 12 MP single lens on the rear side. It supports dual-exposure controls, HDR+, Top Shot, Portrait Mode, Night Sight and Astrophotography features. For selfies, it carries an 8 MP sensor on the front.
In others, the Google Pixel 4A smartphone equips a 3140 mAh battery, WiFi, Bluetooth, SD card support, GPS, NFC, 3.5mm jack, fingerprint sensor and lots of other creative specifications on the table.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Google Pixel 4A?
Google Pixel 4A manages to deliver exceptional configurations to make your life easier. But if you are desirous of yielding something extra, you might look to root Google Pixel 4A.
As we already know, all Google devices come with stock Android to provide stable performance.
If you want to access the locked specifications of your Google Pixel 4A, rooting is the ultimate solution. But, your device’s bootloader must be unlocked to perform the rooting process smoothly. Therefore, first, we will illustrate how to unlock Google Pixel 4A bootloader before we move to the rooting procedure.
- Make sure you have created a backup of your phone’s data.
- Next, you will install ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC.
- Some downloads you need to consider – Magisk Manager app, Android SDK-Platform Tools & Factory Image for your device.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader Pixel 4A
Make sure you don’t skip any of the steps depicted below to carry on with the bootloader unlocking process.
- First of all, go to the ‘System > About Phone’ after entering ‘Settings’ on your Google Pixel 4A device.
- Tap on the Build Number several times consecutively to enable developer options.
- Now, take a reverse step to open Developer Options.
- Here, you will have to enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging.
- Now, boot your Google Pixel 4A phone into Fastboot Mode (Bootloader Mode). You can do so by pressing the Power + Volume Down buttons concurrently.
- Further, connect your device with a PC/laptop using a USB cable.
- Now, open Command Window or CMD on your computer.
- Enter the command ‘fastboot flashing unlock’ to unlock the bootloader on your Google Pixel 4A phone.
- It will flash options on your phone’s screen. You need to navigate to the ‘Unlock Bootloader’ option using the Volume buttons and power button to select it.
- The bootloader unlocking process will be initiated. It will delete all the data on your device.
- Once the procedure is finished, you can reboot your Google Pixel 4A using the command ‘fastboot reboot’.
- That’s all in the bootloader unlocking process. Now, you are all set to root your Google Pixel 4A smartphone.
Root Google Pixel 4A
Before we hop in the Google Pixel 4A rooting process, let’s have a look at some of the essential prerequisites.
- Your Google Pixel 4A phone’s bootloader must be unlocked properly.
- First, install the updated version of the Magisk Manager app on your Google Pixel 4A phone.
- Now move to your PC to extract the Platform Tools zip file to platform-tools folder.
- Similarly, you need to extract the Factory Image file and then copy the boot.img file to your device’s storage.
- Further, launch the Magisk Manager app and hit the Install button.
- Now, you will choose the ‘Select and Patch a File’ option to select the boot.img file.
- It will start patching the boot file. Once the file is patched; it will be saved to the download folder.
- Now, copy the patched boot image file and paste it into the Platform Tools folder on your PC. Make sure you rename it as boot.img.
- Next, copy the location of the platform-tools folder.
- Furthermore, open the Command Prompt on your PC and then paste the copied location.
- Now, switch off your Google Pixel 4A.
- You need to reboot (start) your device into Fastboot Mode by pressing the Power button and the Volume Down button simultaneously.
- Next, attach your handset with your PC and execute the command ‘fastboot getvar current-slot’ in the command prompt.
- You will get any of the two current slots – A or B. Make sure to remember it.
- Now, you have to follow the command ‘fastboot flash boot_letter boot.img.’ Make sure you replace the word ‘letter’ with either A or B, whatever you get in the previous step.
- Now, you can reboot your Google Pixel 4A by following the ‘fastboot reboot’ command.
The Bottom Line
That’s it in the rooting process of Google Pixel 4A. You have rooted your Google Pixel 4A smartphone successfully. Hopefully, you have enjoyed the guide on how to root Google Pixel 4A and unlock the bootloader.
After rooting your Google Pixel 4A smartphone, you have access to all of the root apps and features. You can freely remove pre-installed and other third-party apps without any issue.
If you still face any withstand with the rooting process, don’t hesitate to approach us. We will back you proactively to restore your problem with quick notice.