Lenovo K8 Note is an affordable mid-range Android phone launched back in August 2017. It comes with Android 7.1 out of the box and later on the company has given Android 8.0 Oreo. Since the launch its been almost three years, so the company is not going to give and major Android update. If you’re interested in installing a custom ROM on your Lenovo K8 Note, then you have to root your device first. So here in this article, we will guide you step by step on how to install TWRP and root Lenovo K8 Note.
Lenovo K8 Note is powered with Mediatek MT6797D Helio X23 and Mali T880 MP4 GPU. It pairs with 3GB/4GB RAM and 32GB/64GB internal storage which can be expandable via microSD card. It features a 5.5-inches IPS LCD display with 1080 x 1920 pixel resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass protection. The phone is with dual-camera that includes 13MP +5MP cameras. On the front side, there is a 13MP camera with an LED flash. Lenovo K8 note has a huge battery of 4000 mAh with 15W fast charging. The phone is packed with decent specs and so there will not any issue in installing custom ROM.
What is rooting?
Rooting is the process through which we can attain the full control (root access) of the Android operating system. The main goal of rooting a device is to overcome limitations that some of the Smartphone manufacturers have applied on. Moreover, after rooting an Android device you can install Custom ROMs that usually increase the performance of your phone.
Note: Gadgetsay is not responsible for any damage to data or device occurs while following the guide. Rooting your Android device will void the warranty, and you won’t be able to receive an official OTA update after that.
- Download and extract the ADB Fastboot tools in a folder on your PC.
- Backup all your important data on any external media.
- Keep your phone charged above 70% for flawless installation.
- Make sure that you have unlocked the bootloader of Lenovo K8 Note.
- Download TWRP and Magisk ZIP. Save both of the files in the same ADB and fastboot folder
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo K8 Note
- Here we assume that you have unlocked the bootloader of K8 Note.
- Open a Powershell command prompt by going through the ADB folder and pressing Shift + Right-click in empty space.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB. Now enter a command written below to boot Lenovo K8 Note in fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- After the phone boots in fastboot mode, Enter the command written below to flash the TWRP recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery filename.img
- In a few minutes, the process of the TWRP installation will be completed. That’s it.
Root Lenovo K8 Note
- Transfer the Magisk zip file from PC to the SD or internal storage.
- Boot your phone into the TWRP recovery mode by pressing power + volume button for 3 seconds.
- Now, Select the Recovery Mode by pressing the Power Button.
- Select Wipe > Advance Wipe > Select Cache Data.
- Now, tap on the install button in TWRP Recovery and select the Magisk.zip file. After that Magisk installation process completes in a few seconds.
- After this, your phone will reboot and you will see a Magisk app in the apps drawer. You can now manage the permissions from the Magisk manager.
- That’s it, Your phone is now root and you can install the compatible custom ROM or any compatible Custom Module.
We hope you successfully rooted Lenovo K8 Note. If you get any issue following our guide kindly tell us in the comments below. We will try to provide you a solution.