It’s a step-by-step guide on how to root the Moto E5 Plus Android smartphone. After that, we will also get to learn how to install TWRP recovery on the same device. Your presence on this page clearly indicates you are looking for a comprehensive guide for the asked tasks. So, make sure to read on the full article for a complete action.
Must See: Motorola Edge and Edge Plus 5G is set Launch on April 22
For that unknown of the fact, rooting and installing TWRP recovery on Moto E5 Plus leads to the second world of technology. It enables you to access restricted areas of your device. Let’s have a look in detail.
What is rooting? Why you should root your Moto E5 Plus phone?
When you buy a new smartphone, it comes with official restrictions by the company that prevents you from doing specific tasks. If you want to have full access to these hidden modules, and other customizable applications, the only way is to root your device.
Once you root your Moto E5 Plus, you become an administrator of your handset. It transfers full control to you and you will have the ability to customize the phone beyond limits.
Install TWRP custom ROM on Moto E5 Plus?
Now is the turn of TWRP to show its talent. This section will demonstrate various steps to flash TWRP recovery on Moto E5 Plus smartphone. So, follow the instructions until the last as you couldn’t miss any of them for a successful TWRP recovery installation.
What is TWRP Recovery?
TWRP stands for TeamWin Recovery Project. It is a customizable recovery software to flash on your Android phone. It unlocks access to multiple tools and applications, which come restricted with the stock ROM.
Benefits of TWRP recovery:
- It enables you to root your phone.
- You can install zip files and custom ROMs.
- It allows you to reset the cache.
- Performance enhancement
- Improved battery life
At the same time, you also must be aware of some drawbacks of installing custom ROM.
Drawbacks of TWRP
- Your phone’s warranty will no longer be legitimate.
- If any step goes incorrect, it may brick your device. Means your phone will go out of order.
- OTA updates will no longer be available for your handset.
NOTE: You will perform the task at your own risk. Gadgetsay take no responsibility for any damage that takes place during the process.
- Make sure your Moto E5 Plus is fully charged.
- You have a USB cable.
- You have unlocked the bootloader.
Steps to flash TWRP on Moto E5 Plus
Step 1: Download the TWRP recovery zip file and rename it as Twrp.img.
Step 2: Download relevant USB drivers of the Motorola handset and install then on your desktop/laptop.
Step 3: Now is the time to download and install adb/Fastboot drivers on your PC. It will create a separate folder (named adb) in your PC’s ‘C’ drive.
Step 4: Open the folder and press the Shift + Right mouse key to the ‘Open command window here’ prompt.
Step 5: Now, attach your device to your PC via USB cable.
Step 6: Boot your smartphone into Fastboot mode by the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
Step 7: Your device will boot into Fastboot mode. Now, type the following command to flash recovery file on the device
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Step 8: Now, the TWRP flashing process will start and take some time.
Step 9: Type the following command to reboot your device:
You have installed TWRP recovery on Moto E5 Plus. Now, it’s the time to proceed for root.
Root Moto E5 Plus
Benefits of rooting Moto E5 Plus:
- You will take full control of your device.
- You can customize the UI and navigation system independently.
- Full control over CPU and GPU frequencies.
- Enables you to download different Mods for free
- Facilitates to flash custom ROMs
Notwithstanding, rooting an Android device can also cause some severe threats to the phone. You also need to vigilant about them. For example;
Disadvantages of Rooting
- You will lose your phone’s warranty completely after rooting it.
- If anything happens wrong, your Moto E5 Plus could be dead or useless.
- Certain performance issues may arise due to the inferior optimization for a particular model.
- And users will lose their data on the phone.
Hence, rooting and installing any custom ROM on any Android device is completely at the user’s risk. Now, as you want to root your Moto E5 Plus phone, you will be the sole responsible person for any mishap that occurs to your phone during the rooting process. But we assure you will get the desired results if you follow the step-by-step guide attentively.
First and prominent, your Android device must be Moto E5 Plus. Each device has a different rooting map. You can’t implement the same method to another handset.
- Secondly, it must be charged at least 70% to avoid midway interruptions.
- Preserving a backup of your phone’s data before rooting or installing custom ROM is always beneficial. Otherwise, you will lose your valuable data permanently.
- Further, you need to enable the USB Debugging by visiting the ‘Settings’ section of the phone.
- Download TWRP recovery or CWM recovery on your Motorola device. Along with that, download SuperSu zip file and save it to your phone’s internal storage.
And most importantly, unlock the bootloader before rooting.
Steps to Root Moto E5 Plus
Step 1: Boot into CWM or TWRP recovery.
Step 2: Now, an option like ‘Flash’ or ‘Install’ will appear. Just select the SuperSu zip file, which we have downloaded earlier.
Step 3: Click on Confirm Flash. It will take a few seconds before finishing the process.
Step 4: After the process is over, click on the Reboot option. Your phone will reboot.
Step 5: That’s it. You have rooted your Moto E5 Plus Android smartphone successfully. You will find the SuperSu app on the app menu.
That’s all. Now, you have flashed TWRP on Motorola Moto E5 Plus smartphone successfully. If you have any problem or error while following the Moto E5 rooting guide, then do let us know via the comments below.
Must See: How to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro via Magisk and install TWRP recovery