Samsung Galaxy A50 is the mid-range Android phone launched in February 2019. If you don’t like the user interface of the phone or want to have full control of your device. Then you should root and install a custom ROM on your Galaxy A50. Here in this article, we will guide you step by step to install TWRP Recovery and root Galaxy A50.
Samsung Galaxy A50 has quite decent specs to install a custom ROM. It features a 6.4-inch FHD+capacitive touchscreen display with 2340 x 1080 pixels resolution 16M color support. Galaxy A50 is powered by an Exynos 9610 SoC and Mali-G72 GPU. The smartphone comes with an Android 9.0 Pie on-board and it is now upgradable to Android 10. It is packed with a triple camera that includes 25MP primary camera + 8MP ultrawide + 5MP depth sensor. On the front side, there is a 25MP camera for selfies and video chats. Galaxy A50 is backed up by a 4000 mAh battery with 15W fast charging.
What is rooting?
In case you don’t know rooting is the process through which we can attain the full control (root access) of the Android operating system. The main goal of rooting a device is to overcome limitations that some of the Smartphone manufacturers in order to safeguard the software. Moreover, after rooting an Android device you can install Custom ROMs that will help it increase the smartphone performance.
What is TWRP Recovery?
TWRP(Team Win Recovery Project) is a recovery that makes flashing custom ROMs very easy for Android users. It has a very simple user interface that’s the reason it is very popular. Android users are not much familiar with Android source code can root their device and install a custom ROM using GUI based TWRP recovery.
Note: Make sure you understand all the risks involved with installing custom ROMs. That includes the possibility of bricking your device during the bootloader unlocking process. Moreover, the warranty of your device will be void. Gadgetsay.com will not be responsible for damage to your device as a result.
Step by Step guide to install TWRP Recovery and Root Galaxy A50
Before starting the process you have to make sure some prerequisites listed below.
- Make sure you unlock the bootloader of the Samsung Galaxy A50.
- Download the latest version of ODIN.
- Backup all your important data on any external media.
- Enable USB debugging and OEM unlock from the developer options. You can enable Developer options on your phone by tapping 7 times on the build number of the phone.
- Keep your phone charged above 70% for flawless installation.
- Download TWRP and SuperSU. Save both of the files in the same ADB and Fastboot folder
Guide to install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A50
- We assume that you already unlocked the bootloader of the Galaxy A50.
- Now switch OFF your device and press ‘Volume down + Volume up’ buttons until your phone boots into the download mode.
- Connect Samsung Galaxy A50 to your PC via USB cable.
- Open the ODIN software on your PC with administrative rights.
- Select “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time” from the checkboxes on the left side. After that in the files, section select AP and select the TWRP file that you have downloaded on your phone.
- Click on the start button in ODIN and wait for the process to be completed. Once it gets completed successfully you will see the pass message on the screen.
- Now your phone will get automatically rebooted when ODIN has done flashing TWRP. After that, you can boot your phone into the TWRP by pressing the “Home button + Power button + Volume Up”.
Root Samsung Galaxy A50
After installing the TWRP recovery, now, it is the time to root Realme 3 Pro using Magisk zip.
- Place the SuperSU Zip in the Internal storage of your phone.
- Boot your phone into the TWRP recovery mode by pressing power + volume button for 3 seconds.
- Now, Select the Recovery Mode by pressing the Power Button. Select Wipe > Advance Wipe > Select Cache Data.
- Now, tap on the install button in TWRP Recovery and select the SuperSU.zip file. After that SuperSu installation process completes in a few seconds.
- Samsung Galaxy A50 will reboot. That’s it, Your phone is now rooted and you can install the compatible custom ROM or any compatible Custom Module.
We hope you successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy A50. If you want to know the best custom ROM for Galaxy A50 you can see our guide. If you have any queries or feedback related to the guide above kindly use the comment box below to communicate with us.