Here’s the guide on how to root T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 5 smartphone via the TWRP recovery platform. The handset was released back in 2017 with 4GB RAM and Android 7.0 Nougat OS. If you face some lag issues with the phone, you have the option to root it to get smoother and improved performance. Keep reading to get the full process.
Rooting any Android device leads to gain lots of enhancements. You will have access to multiple locked apps after rooting your Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Further, users will be eligible to modify and use refrained applications from the company. Battery life and speedy processing are some of the other perks you will enjoy after rooting.
Advantages of rooting Samsung Galaxy Note 5 phone:
- Increased battery life
- Authority to remove Bloatware apps
- Access to incompatible apps even.
- Smooth run of automated apps
- Ease to install custom ROM and Kernel
- Ad blockage
- And lots of other customizations.
It may occur that your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is incapable of delivering the level of performance of your need. To attain the motive, you need to remove and hibernate some apps that is possible through rooting. After a successful rooting program, you will optimize your phone’s apps and uplift in the overall system performance by 30 to 50%.
Samsung has stopped monthly and security patch updates. Hence, the old software application may not achieve that kind of performance even with 4GB RAM. You can feel the sluggishness in performance day by day.
Root T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 5
The following passage will focus on the detailed rooting process. Unlike Verizon devices, the mentioned device comes with an unlocked bootloader that will ease our efforts. We can take the help of the TWRP recovery file to facilitate the rooting.
TWRP (TeamWin Recovery Project) is a custom file, which we will install on your Samsung device. Correspondingly, we will use the TWRP application to root the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 5 phone. It makes the task simpler and less complicated.
- Double confirm your device number and name.
- Download TWRP as per your model or device name from the page.
- Your phone battery must be a minimum of half charged.
- Backup your important files and data without any root access.
- Download the Samsung USB Driver and install it on your desktop.
- Further, download the ODIN software too. You should choose the edition above Oreo in the list.
- Download Magisk.zip file and save it to your phone storage.
- Enable USB Debugging as well as OEM Unlocking. Head over to ‘Settings’ and then click on the ‘Build Number’ 7 to 10 times consistently. It will enable ‘Developer Options.’ In it, you can enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock easily.
Steps to install TWRP on T-Mobile Galaxy S5
- Enter into Download Mode by restarting your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920T. You can do this by pressing the Power + Home + Volume Down buttons simultaneously for some seconds.
- On seeing the warning chart, press the Volume+ button to proceed.
- Now, attach your handset to your PC via USB cable.
- Open the Odin software on your desktop. It will show a message ‘Added’ after detecting your phone. Otherwise, your phone will not be attached correctly. Fix the issue.
- Further, tap on the PDA/PA button to find the TWRP file through its path. You also need to click on “Options’ to check the ‘Auto Reboot’.
- Now, click on ‘Start.’
- It will load the file on your device. Reboot your phone.
- TWRP is installed on your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920T device.
You have successfully installed TWRP. Don’t restart if you want to root T-Mobile Galaxy S5 using Magisk. Follow the steps below.
Root T-Mobile Galaxy S5 using Magisk
Remember, don’t turn your phone on immediately. Magisk installation steps are yet to follow.
Note DOn’t reboot device if you’re already in recovery mode. Don’t follow the first step.
- To install Magisk on the device using TWRP, boot the handset in Recovery Mode again by pressing three buttons (Home + Volume Up + Power) concurrently.
- Now, select Wipe > Advance Wipe > Cache Data.
- Revert to TWRP Home
- Select Install > Magisk.zip
- Install and reboot your phone.
That’s it in the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 rooting process. Congratulations! Now, you can enjoy magnificent performance increments and access to locked corners of the device. For further assistance, you can also install the Magisk Manager app on your Samsung phone. I f you get any problem while rooting T-Mobile galaxy S5, then do let us know via the comments below.