If you are a Verizon Ellipsis 7 user, here is good news for you. You will be delighted to know that now your tablet can be rooted. This is a dedicated and step-by-step guide on how to root Verizon Ellipsis 7 tablet. So, if you own the said equipment and want to root it, this is the post for you. Keep on reading.
Must See: Best WiFi Analyzer Apps for Android
It is all thanks to Framaroot, which has made it possible to root your Android device. It provides an ideal atmosphere to gain root access on your device. You will have a fully-customized and changed interface to enjoy fresh experiences.
Before we indulge in the serious process, it is fair to grab some pertinent knowledge. You must be familiar with some common terms such as what is rooting and its various benefits. Is there any risk involved in it?
What is rooting an Android device?
In simple terms, rooting a device is an act to get over the administrative rights of your phone or tablet. You will have more access to hidden patterns of your device, which are generally remained restricted in the stock version. It also results in improved battery life and performance, customize Android themes and apps as per your interests.
Whenever you purchase a new Android phone, it comes in a ‘locked’ state. However, you do not bother much about it as lots of applications are still available for you to use. The locked state ensures better security of the device as well.
Advantages of rooting an Android phone/tablet
- Once you root a phone, you become liable to access more applications. The rooting process unlocks apps. Which come locked with the stock OS.
- Further, users get enhanced battery life relatively. Smartphones lose their battery lifespan during recharging, but rooting facilitates to retain the healthier modules to keep battery fit and durable.
- You will get bolstered performance as rooting removes bloatware etc. Hence, it lightens the load on your hardware to result in a terrific performance.
- Moreover, it allows you to download and install any theme or app on your device.
Disadvantages of Rooting
On the other face of the coin, power also contains threats. Rooting a device brings some risks as well. Let’s have a look:
- One of the gargantuan factors is malware. As your phone applications are no longer prisoned off, it becomes easy for viruses to reside in your phone and access to sensitive data.
- You put your device at an alarming risk during the rooting process. It may end up bricking your phone if anything doesn’t happen correctly.
- Another threat is voiding your phone’s warranty forever. You will no longer have the right to get your phone repaired for free under warranty.
- Similarly, rooting will erase your personal data permanently.
Note: Gadgetsay will not be responsible for any loss or damage to your device. Please do this on your own risk. Make sure you follow all the steps carefully during the process.
Root Verizon Ellipsis 7
To rot the tablet we have two steps, the one is with the help of the TWRP recovery app and the other one is the Framaroot app.TWRP helps to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods, or even root any Android devices in just a few simple steps. This is the touch based to enable a system that will allow you to install a third party app to back-up your data from the tablet.
Method 1: (Using TWRP) – Difficult
In this method, you need to install the TWRP app on your Verizon Ellipsis 7 Android tablet. TWRP helps you to easily root and unroot the device.
You can download TWRP recovery on your Android tablet before proceeding for further instructions.
Method 2: (Framaroot App) – Easy
There is nothing bulky to arrange for before your start rooting your Verizon Ellipsis 7 Android tablet.
- Download Framaroot app on your Verizon Ellipsis 7 tablet. If not found in Google Play Store, download it on PC/laptop and then transfer it to your device via USB cable. It is a universal application that can be used to root Android devices with different OS versions.
- Make sure to keep your personal data aside by taking a backup. Otherwise, it will be deleted permanently.
Steps to Root Verizon Ellipsis 7 tablet
- First of all, open the ‘Settings’ app from the app drawer and click on the ‘Security’ to enable the ‘Unknown Source’ option. What is this? Well, it allows users to install apps from outside the Google Play Store.
- You need to follow this step only if you have transferred the app from your PC.
- Find the app in File Manager and install it.
- Launch the Framaroot app.
- Inside the app, click on ‘Boromir’ and it will start rooting your Verizon tablet.
- When the app finished the rooting process, reboot your Verizon Ellipsis 7 tablet.
That all in the rooting process. Now, you have successfully rooted your Verizon Ellipsis 7 tablet using Framaroot app. To confirm, you can check the root-access using Root Checker on your tablet. If it signifies that you’re rooted, that’s it.