Today, we have lots of custom recovery solutions for Android devices. Now, rooting Android equipment is no longer an uphill task. Custom backups like TWRP, Philz, and many others are in the process of helping users with their entirely GUI-based interface.
Furthermore, users are now free to root their mobile devices without the PC as well. However, this facility is restricted to only some popular devices. This text post will convey the ways you can follow to install TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 7 Pro and then root the device using Magisk. So, don’t miss to discover something new.
What is TWRP Recovery?
Well, TWRP is the acronym for TeamWin Recovery Project. It is an open-sourced custom recovery platform for Android devices with a fully-fledged GUI interface.
Further, it is the key to install different customizable algorithms on Android-based developments easily. Users are allowed to enjoy fully touch-based UI, custom ROMs, Magisk, MODs, and SuperSu etc. Additionally, TWRP recovery also helps full system backups of the current OS that is not possible without this module.
Quick benefits of TWRP custom recovery
- Helps current system backup
- Ensures the removal of bloatware from the stock ROM
- Casher and data wipe
- Facilitates SuperSu and Magisk installation for rooting
- Flash image file on the equipment
- Backs overclock and underclock of CPU
- Integrates custom ROM, MOD, Framework
Redmi Note 7 Pro Specifications
The Redmi Note 7 Pro was launched a few months back by Xiaomi alongside its regular sibling Redmi Note 7. The due was packed with innumerable compelling features in each compartment. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 chipset is responsible for processing the data, whereas the 4000 battery cares for the power requirements.
Moreover, the software area grabs the Android 9 Pie OS. On the face, it fits the 6.3” FHD+ display with 2340x1080p resolution and corning gorilla glass 5 protection. Xiaomi adjoins the 48MP vital lens to lead the photography wing.
NOTE: You will perform the unlocking at your own risk, and we will no longer be responsible for any loss that occurs to your device or data. Also remember, the unlocking practice will void handset’s warranty and data will be wiped out.
Steps to Install TWRP on Redmi Note 7 Pro
Now, let’s proceed to learn how to install TWRP on the Redmi Note 7 Pro device.
- Your device’s battery is charged a minimum of 50%.
- Save your data on external storage media chip.
- Make sure to download Fastboot drivers and ADB on desktop/laptop.
- Download updated Xiaomi USB drivers.
- Download and save the TWRP-3.2.3-violet.img in the extracted folder of ADB.
- Now, you need to uncover the bootloader of Redmi Note 7 Pro.
- Move ahead if Redmi Note 7’s Bootloader is unlocked.
- Now, go to ‘Developer Options’ to enable the debugging mode and OEM unlock.
- Connect your handset with PC using USB wire.
- Further, extract ADB and Fastboot drivers in the new folder. Now, you need to open cmd or PowerShell in the same folder by pressing Shift Key + Right Click.
- After finishing all this, reboot the Redmi Note 7 Pro by typing the command :
adb reboot bootloader
A pop-up asking for permission (USB debugging) will appear, accept it.
- Once you accessed the Fastboot mode, type the following command to flash the TWRP image that you downloaded earlier
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.3-violet.img
- Now, reboot your handset using the ‘fastboot reboot’ command.
- That’s all with the TWRP installation on the Redmi Note 7 Pro.
How to root Redmi Note 7 Pro with Magisk?
Let’s have a quick look at various steps you need to follow while rooting the Redmi Note 7 Pro via Magisk. Before you dive into the exercise, make sure you have downloaded the Magisk zip as well as Disable Encryption patch and saved on your phone’s space.
- Connect your handset with desktop after rebooting it.
- Type the command to trigger the TWRP recovery.
adb reboot recovery
- Your phone will automatically boot into TWRP. You can now also make Nandroid backup of your data.
- Find the Magisk.zip after selecting ‘install’ from the TWRP. Click to choose it.
- Follow the ‘Swipe to confirm flash’ option.
- Now, select ‘install’ again after a successful installation. Also, find the ‘no-verity-force-encrypt.zip’ file and select it.
- Follow the ‘Swipe to confirm flash’ once more.
- Now, Reboot System from TWRP recovery.
- The Magisk Manager interface will be there, offering you full control and access to each app.
- However, you are also free to install the Root Checker to validate the root access.
That’s all in the rooting process. Hopefully, you have rooted your Redmi Note 7 Pro phone with Magisk successfully.