Lock Screen Shortcuts: The latest edition of Android Oreo includes a number of new functions and features. The Oreo beta version has many satisfied customers. It comes with smart features and the stable optimizations which are useful as well as fascinating. One of the most famous features of Android Oreo is the custom lock screen shortcuts. Using this feature, the users can include any sort of shortcuts on the oreo lock screen. So, you can use this feature for android o lock screen shortcuts. However, this exciting feature is not accessible for the official version of the Android Oreo.
The current users of Oreo are expecting that the android oreo lock screen shortcuts in the official version, but we don’t know when it will be added. So, if you want to use the android 8.0 lock screen shortcut in the official version, then here is a simplistic method. If you are willing to use the feature, then here’s how to change lock screen shortcuts android o. The method is considerably easy, but you have to follow each step given below.
1. At first, you have to allow the developer’s mode or the USB debugging mode for modification. Visit Settings> System> Developer Options. Swipe the button to switch on the USB debugging mode.
2. Now, download and install Package Names Viewer 2.0 which is a third-party app. It is free to download from Google Play store. In case if you are unable to locate this app then please download it directly from here.
3. After downloading, start the app and you will find a list of all the apps on your Android phone. Beside each app name, you will notice an activity. Write the app details which you want in oreo lock screen notifications.
4. Link your phone into PC via USB. Begin the ADB shell app on your PC. You have to download the app to your PC if you have not done earlier. Paste the code in the left widget turning it into lock screen- adb shell settings put secure sysui_keyguard_left “PACKAGE NAME/ACTIVITY NAME”. Displace the Package name and Activity name with the required app information. In the Right side shortcut- settings put secure sysui_keyguard_right “PACKAGE NAME/ACTIVITY NAME”. Once more, displace the Package Name and Activity name with the app details.
5. Now, you will observe that the left and right side section of the lock screen of your Android phone is modified. If you want to repeat, then repeat linking to the ADB with debugger mode and paste the code.
For left side- adb shell settings delete secure sysui_keyguard_left
For Right Side- adb shell settings delete secure sysui_keyguard_right
So, this was the method to Set Custom Lock Screen Shortcuts in Android Oreo. It is really a simple method which will add an additional feature in your device. You can also share this article with your friends so that they can also use this awesome feature.