Fix HTC U12 Plus Camera Issue: If you have purchased the HTC U12 Plus, then the first thing you noticed as unique must be the camera and affordable price. HTC U12 Plus is one of the most high-rated smartphones by the buyers. The company has done a brilliant work with this phone. It comes with an amazing camera quality built with high-level technologies. It features a 12MP wide-angle camera and 16MP telephoto camera.
The camera is equipped with many high-level features like ultra speed autofocus, face detection, panorama, bokeh mode and many more to improve the picture and video quality. So, in the Android range, the HTC camera offers great video recording and still pictures. Although, the HTC U12 Plus camera app has a major flaw which is reported by many users.
The company has not provided an update to fix the camera problem yet. The users have reported that after opening the built-in camera pp, the notice a “Camera Failed” error on screen. Sometimes, even the camera app abruptly fails to start and turn off the device automatically without warning. I’m sure that when an error pops up on screen, you feel really upset and worried as well.
The camera issue can be caused by a software problem. This can also happen when water fell on the device or you dropped it by mistake. If this is the problem, then immediately contact the company’s service centre. We have listed all the possible methods which can fix the camera flaw. Although, before contacting a technician, must try these simple steps which are really effective and works most of the times.
In the complain review, the users also reported the phone not receiving text, but the main issue is the camera. If you have any other problems relating to many other smartphone models, then feel free to contact Gadgetsay Forum. So, let’s know the solution of how to fix HTC U12 Plus camera issue.
How To Fix HTC U12 Plus Camera Issue
Close Camera App
If you have not tried any of the methods after noticing the camera app error, the close all apps including camera app and restart the smartphone. After facing any smartphone problem, you should restart the device immediately which can avoid severe effects. You should always close the applications running in the background after use. Follow these simple methods to close the camera app and restart the device.
1. Hold and release the Recent Apps key.
2. Navigate from the apps previews to operate to various applications.
3. Swipe the Camera app’s preview left or right to close or stop it.
4. Tap Clear All, if many apps are running at a time.
5. Now, press and hold down the Power button.
6. From the menu, click on Power off a present on the screen.
7. Click on OK to switch off the device.
8. Press and hold the Power button again until the phone model appears on the screen.
9. Now, open the camera application and check if it’s working again.
If a soft reset doesn’t work, then perform a hard reset which is extremely easy. If your smartphone stops working after starting the app, then hard reset can work. To force restart, simply press and hold the Power button until the menu appears on the screen. Now, click on the option to Restart.
Clear Camera App Cache
Caches are filled with some files and docs which are stored in the phone’s app or phone memory. Like discussed in the first method, the background app affects the camera app so you shouldn’t open lots of apps running in the background.
1. Navigate to the Settings section of your HTC U12 Plus.
2. Click on Apps and notifications.
3. Select Apps to get all the applications present on the phone.
4. Find and click on the Camera app.
5. Click on Storage.
6. Select Clear Cache to delete all the cache from the camera storage.
7. Click on the Clear Data to remove all the data stored in the app.
8. Restart the phone using the first method.
Check For Latest Updates
Missing the latest software updates can also affect your phones with malware and software bugs. The company regularly provides updates with bug fixes and features as well which protect your phone. If the camera app is not responding, then this might be a software issue. For a successful update, your device must have sufficient RAM and memory space. Here are the simple steps which can up-to-date the software of U12 Plus.
1. Navigate to the Settings section of the phone.
2. Click on General option.
3. Select Update centre > System update.
4. Now Check for update.
5. If updates are available, then install it.
Wipe Cache Partition
The common problem of camera occurs because of software issue which is affected by cache partition. The malicious data and folders included in the smartphone should be deleted to solve the camera problem. Follow these steps to wipe cache partition.
1. Firstly, turn off the smartphone.
2. Press and hold the Power button along with Volume Down button for some time.
3. Release the buttons when you notice the red and blue text on the screen.
4. Press the Volume Down button few times and mark the Reboot to bootloader option.
5. Press the Power button to select.
6. Press the Volume Down button again to mark Boot to Recovery Mode option
7. Press the Power button to select.
8. Press the Volume Down button to mark Wipe cache partition and press the Power button to select.
9. When the Reboot system now option is marked then press the Power button to select.
10. The device will restart now.
So, this was the solution of how to fix HTC U12 Plus camera issue. If the problem is severe then contact the HTC service centre. Although, many users have claimed that these methods have really solved the camera error problem. I hope you liked this article and this method helps you. You can also share this article with your friends and relatives who are facing the same problem with the camera.
Visitor Rating: 5 Stars