Samsung has launched its latest flagship S20 series devices such as Samsung Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Plus, and Galaxy S20 Ultra back in February this year. The devices offer stunning displays along with flagship specifications and other features. Now, if you wish to unlock the bootloader we’ve provided a simple guide to Unlock Bootloader on the Samsung Galaxy S20 series.
Most of the developers and interested Android users try to customize their Android devices quite heavily by unlocking their bootloaders. One needs to unlock their device’s bootloader in order to customize their device heavily. Once you’ve done unlocking the bootloader, you can easily install a custom recovery, custom firmware, enable root access, install custom modules, and more.
Samsung Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Plus, and Galaxy S20 Ultra overview
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus comes with a 6.7-inches Dynamic AMOLED 2X display with 1440×3200 pixels resolution, a 20:9 aspect ratio, 525 PPI pixel density, Corning Gorilla Glass 6, HDR10+, Always-on display, a [email protected], and a [email protected] refresh rate. It’s powered by a Snapdragon 865 SoC (USA), Exynos 990 SoC (Global), paired with an 8GB RAM, 128GB of internal storage.
The handset sports a quad rear camera setup of 12MP (wide, f/1.8) + 64MP (telephoto, f/2.0) + 12MP (ultrawide, f/2.2) + 0.3MP TOF 3D (depth, f/1.0) lens with Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS, 3x hybrid optical zoom, Super Steady video mode, an LED flash, Auto-HDR, Panorama, Gyro-EIS, etc. While the front packs a 10MP (wide, f/2.2) selfie camera with Dual Pixel PDAF, Dual video call, Auto-HDR, etc.
It has a 4,500mAh battery with 25W fast charging support. In terms of the connectivity options, it features Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax (dual-band), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC, BDS, GALILEO, FM Radio, USB 3.2 Type-C port, USB OTG, etc. While the device packs an ultrasonic in-display fingerprint scanner, an ambient light, an accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass sensor.
On the other side, the Samsung Galaxy S20 features almost similar specifications except for a 6.2-inch display (563 PPI density), triple rear cameras without TOF 3D, and a 4000mAh battery.
Whereas, the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra comes with the latest Exynos 990 chipset, a 6.9-inch AMOLED display, a large-capacity 5000mAh battery, and an advanced rear quad-camera configuration.
The phone has a quad-camera setup with a 108-megapixel primary camera, a 48-megapixel telephoto camera, 12-megapixel ultrawide-angle-camera, and a depth vision camera. Samsung also offers a 100x zoom on the device.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, and Galaxy S20 Ultra
Note: Unlocking your Bootloader may erase your data. So backup all the necessary data before proceeding. Your battery must be above 80 before proceeding with the following steps. Also, by following this guide, your smartphone’s warranty will be void. Gadgetsay is no way responsible for any damage to the device and data.
- Enable “Developer Mode” by tapping the built number 7 times on the Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Plus, and Galaxy S20 Ultra.
- Open Settings.
- Find the Developer Mode.
- Enable the OEM Unlock option inside the Developer Mode.
- Power off your device.
- Press Bixby + Volume Down and plug in your device to a PC to boot into download mode.
- Long press volume up to unlock the bootloader.
- This will wipe your data and automatically reboot.
- Now if you wish to install a custom ROM on your device you have to bypass the Vaultkeeper security.
- Enable developer options again from the settings, and verify that the OEM unlocking option is still enabled.
- The Vaultkeeper service will automatically remove the conditions from the bootloader after it verifies that the user has enabled the OEM unlocking option.
- Now your custom firmware will be installed easily and your bootloader will be unlocked finally.
- Now you’re all set to try Rooting your device as well as install Custom Recovery or Custom Firmware.
Recommended Read: How to unlock bootloader + root Redmi K30 4G with Magisk Manager