If you’re a movie fan then it’s likely that you have the Showbox movie streaming app installed in your device and isn’t that expected 🙂 I mean the Showbox is without a speck of doubt the most popular app for movie lovers given its massive database of HD content and variety, but of course, even the Showbox has its downsides top of which frequent downtime.
Downtimes are likely occasioned by many users trying to stream content simultaneously which causes overload on Showbox servers impacting response time and for that reason, we’re going to explore top Showbox alternatives of 2020, so that in case you find yourself stuck in one of those slow-downtime Showbox moments, you’ll still have something to turn to for entertainment.
So while the internet is not short of movie streaming options, it’s often hard to decide and choose between the various services competing for our attention and money, you do not have to worry anymore though because the options below are among the best based on user reviews.
We’ll also present each alternative with enough information to aid decision making but most importantly encourage your curiosity and experimentation because we understand that people’s tastes are different and only you are best placed to decide what’s best for you, so hop on and let’s get started.
Best ShowBox Alternatives in 2020
This is a Walt Disney majority-owned and controlled subscription video on demand (VOD) service founded in October 2007 with more than 28.5 million subscribers and will open our list because it offers an excellent streaming experience to users and contains a large library with thousands of content hours ranging from cartoons, sports, tv shows, trailers, movies, and even anime series.
So whether you’re a binge-watcher or just the guy that likes to catch a movie or two after work with the homies over beer, Hulu has you covered with affordable monthly plans for every budget. It’s a top Netflix competitor and trumps it when it comes to price so yo! time to Huluflix and chill! Regional restrictions might apply so be sure to read the fine print.
- Recommendations every time you watch TV shows or movies
- Create up to 6 profiles so everyone can keep track when they watch.
- Track your favorites by adding shows, networks, and movies for quick access.
- Watch movies or stream TV shows at home or on the go.
- Premium networks—discover and watch shows from HBO®, SHOWTIME®, CINEMAX®, and STARZ® for an additional monthly subscription fee
- There are no equipment rentals fees or installation appointments
One major drawback of MegaBox HD is that it’s currently only available on the Android platform, sorry iOS folks ;(, other than that it’s another Showbox alternative worth mention here. MegaBox HD app has a small memory footprint occupying only about 1.8 MB storage space thus would be ideal even for users with low specs devices.
MegaBox lets you stream content at between 360 to 1080 pixels, it’s got a clean, simple, and absolutely user-friendly interface. The first time you launch the app you will be presented with a list of all available content arranged according to genre which makes it easy to discover new stuff. Isn’t that convenient!
- Supports 360p, 720p or 1080p viweing.
- Filter Content by popularity, the latest release, user reviews, etc
- Stream and download mode
- Support for MX Player and VLC
Download for Android
Another player in the streaming app space giving Showbox a run for its money is Movie Box, with this app you can conveniently stream HD quality movies on your smart device and you’ll be able to easily explore all available content in its library thanks to a neat UI.
Movie Box doesn’t require registration in order to watch movies man! that’s a big plus! I mean who doesn’t hate having to provide this email, that number, confirm that and that and what not! Simplicity is key to subscriber growth. Wanna grab a movie without the hassles of registration? head over to Movie box, it doesn’t matter where you’re in the world so don’t worry about being hit with the usual line “um..sorry this content is not available in your location.”
- Discover latest Movies playing Now
- Watch Trailers and Search for related Video contents
- Download your favorite Movies to play offline anywhere
- Browse curated Lists of great Movies & Organize your own Movie database
- Direct link to watch full movie on iTunes Store
According to its PlayStore Page, Tubi promises 100% legal unlimited streaming, with no credit cards and no subscription, just choose what you want to watch, when you want to watch it, with fewer ads than regular TV. That’s quite a deal I think.
With Tubi you can stream countless hours of content whether movies or TV shows straight from your Android or iOS device. All you need is a decent data connection. So if you think Showbox sucks for whatever reason or you’re just in the mood and feel like exploring alternatives, then this is another option worth checking out.
- No Credit Card required to sign-up
- Discover amazing international hits and hidden gems
- Browse unique categories, including “Not on Netflix” section
- Create and manage your own personal video queue
- Pick up watching where you left off
- Explore fresh anime, Korean dramas, telenovelas, reality shows and more
- Check out new videos added every week
- Sync your account between devices, including Apple TV, Roku, Xbox, and Amazon
- Cast to your TV with Chromecast and Airplay
- Stream on the web at tubitv.com
Crackle is another movie streaming app worth your time. Content is provided by Sony and am sure you understand what that means, super-duper streaming experience of course! It offers a neat interface that allows for faster content discovery split into two sections designated Movie and TV.
When you click the movie section, you’ll be presented with all the finest blockbusters of the last decade, rather dated yes but still brings back good feelings with the amazing cast and reviews. Similar experience in the TV section but you can catch all the best shows like Seinfield, Big Daddy and the likes.
- No Credit Card to register
- Fewer ads
- Pick up where you left off on any device.
- Filter genres to find fresh hits and all-time classics.
- Fill your ‘Watch Later’ list with all your favorite titles.
- Spotlight Channel for handpicked recommendations from the Crackle team.
NB: The app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software, which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings.
All these apps offer more or less the same experience but might differ content-wise depending on the provider. Obviously, you may not be able to download all of them onto your device ~ good if you can, but perhaps try each one for a week or so until you find one that tickles your fancy and sticks with it. These are some best Showbox alternatives available this year.
There are probably more options out there given that new services are launched every day, our radar antennas are deployed and active so we’ll keep scanning and update you when we spot something we think is worth your time, otherwise, stay safe, avoid crowds, observe WHO-recommended measures to prevent COVID-19 infection and stay informed until next time.