Powered by the yesteryear’s flagship Mobile Platform Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+, the OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro were perhaps the last devices from OnePlus worth the status of “flagship killers”. Here, we’ll have a look at how the bootloader of these devices can be unlocked effortlessly.
Must See: How to Root OnePlus 7T Using Magisk
Unlock OnePlus 7T/7T Pro Bootloader
Disclaimer: Bootloader unlock may erase your data. So backup all the necessary data before proceeding.
- Go to OnePlus Switch > Backup & Restore > New Backup
- Copy that backup folder to your computer later on you can transfer it to the device once you’re done with the bootloader unlocking.
- First and foremost, go to Settings > About phone and tap Build number section 5-7 times repeatedly. Developer options should appear in your device’s system settings, where you can then enable OEM unlocking.
- Once the OEM Unlock is enabled from the Developer Option, enable the USB Debugging option from the same Developer Options settings.
- Now, turn on your PC and make sure Minimal ADB and Fastboot is installed on your system.
- Connect your smartphone to the PC via USB and set-up ADB terminal. Once the device is all set to receive ADB commands, input the below code in command prompt to make your device boot to bootloader/fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Alternatively, you can use key combinations to get your device into fastboot mode. For that, press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button for a few seconds while your device is in off-state.
- Once your device has been booted into fastboot mode, it’s time to throw the commands which will really unlock your bootloader. Input the below commands via command prompt (make sure your device is successfully connected to PC in fastboot)
fastboot oem unlock
- Give the consent to unlock the device once the code has been entered.
- Within 1-3 seconds, the bootloader of the device should be unlocked. Now, you can restart your smartphone or proceed with other daring activities such as rooting or installing the custom ROMs. Good Luck!
Problem with the process? Do let us know where it went wrong in the comments section. We’d love to help you out!