Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 and S7+ were launched by Samsung at its Unpacked event back in August this year. The South Korean giant redefined the tablet segment with these tablets. Samsung has also designed a new keyboard cover that comes with a built-in track-pad to deliver an enhanced productivity experience. It also features a new function key row at the top and a wider track-pad. The track-pad also supports multi-finger gestures like pinch to zoom and triple-finger app switching. Today we will be sharing the steps to install TWRP on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ for the enthusiasts willing to Flash Custom ROMs or Root. So let us get to it.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ Specifications
The Tab S7+ is powered by the Snapdragon 865+ SoC running on android 10. The chipset is paired with up to 8GB of RAM and 256GB of built-in storage, which you can expand using the microSD slot. A lower variant of 6GB RAM and 128GB is also available.
It gets a 12.4 inch Super AMOLED display with 420 nits brightness along with a 120Hz refresh rate. Its biggest draw is that it has 120Hz refresh rate support, quite unbelievable in the tab segment.
The tablet also houses a dual-camera setup at the rear with a 13MP main primary sensor and a 5MP ultra-wide sensor, accompanied by a LED flash. At the front, there’s an 8MP camera for selfies and video calling.
The battery is housed by a 10,090mAh quick charging support. For connectivity, it has an optional 4G support, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth, GPS/ A-GPS, and a USB Type-C port. It is equipped with an accelerometer, ambient light, gyroscope, magnetometer, and a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
The Galaxy Tab S7+ is one of the lightest tablets in its segment weighing at 575g. It is bundled with an improved S pen similar to the Galaxy Note 20 with Air Gesture support.
What is TWRP Recovery?
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. Most of its well-known benefits are to Flash Custom ROMs, Flash Magisk, Image flasher, Advanced format options, Enable/Disable MTP, Mount Storage, Partition SD Card, ADB Sideload, Terminal access, and many other features as well.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy Tab S7+.
- Back up your device data before proceeding.
- Unlock Bootloader before flashing TWRP.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Install 7 Zip on your PC.
- Download the latest Samsung multi disabler.
- Download Odin flash tool
Note: Unlocking your Bootloader may erase your data. So backup all the necessary data before proceeding. Your battery must be above 80 before proceeding with the following steps. Also, by following this guide, your smartphone’s warranty will be void. Gadgetsay is not responsible for any damage to the device and data.
Unlocking Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+
- Enable “Developer Mode” by tapping the built number 7 times.
- Open Settings.
- Find the Developer Mode.
- Enable the OEM Unlock option inside the Developer Mode.
- Turn off your device.
- Press Bixby + Volume Down and plug in your device to a PC to boot into download mode.
- Long press volume up to unlock the bootloader.
- This will wipe your data and automatically reboot.
- Now if you wish to install a custom ROM on your device you have to bypass the Vaultkeeper security.
- Enable developer options again from the settings, and verify that the OEM unlocking option is still enabled.
- The Vaultkeeper service will automatically remove the conditions from the bootloader after it verifies that the user has enabled the OEM unlocking option.
- Now your custom firmware will be installed easily and your bootloader will be unlocked finally.
Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+
- Download the latest Odin flash tool and extract it.
- Run the Odin Tool application on your PC.
- Now copy the downloaded TWRP Recovery image file to your PC. Rename it as recovery.img.
- Select the TWRP image file and right-click over it.
- Then select 7 Zip > Archive and compress it in the tar format.
- Now Power off your phone. And Reboot your Galaxy Tab S7+ in the Download Mode.
- Once your phone boot into Download mode, connect it to your PC using a USB cable.
- The Odin tool will recognize your phone and show Blue color near the ID: COM.
- In the Odin Tool click on the AP tab and load the TWRP Recovery tar file (recovery.tar).
- Now click on the Start button. While flashing press and hold Volume Up + Power keys together until the device boot into TWRP Recovery.
- In TWRP Recovery flash the Samsung multi disabler file (go to Install and select the file to flash).
- Then go to Wipe > Format, then type yes and press enter.
- Reboot your phone and enjoy the latest TWRP Recovery on Samsung Tab S7+ phone.
It’s safe to say that the TWRP is currently available for LTE models, we will update you only it’s available for the Wi-Fi variant.