Custom development for Realme 6 is not as sound as other Realme devices such as Realme X Series or even the Realme 6 Pro. Adding up to the scarcity, Relame hasn’t yet released the in-depth test APK for Realme 6. However, some of the device users were able to unlock the bootloader of Realme 6 by using the Realme 6 Pro in-depth test APK.
Must See: Realme X50 Pro Player Edition appears at TENAA with Snapdragon 865, LPDDR5 RAM and UFS 3.1 Storage
So, here we’ll let you know how to unlock the bootloader and root your Realme 6.
Unlock Bootloader Tutorial for Realme 6
Disclaimer: Unlocking your phone erase ALL OF YOUR DATA! Don’t forget to backup before you proceed. Moreover, Widevine L1 will be replaced by Widevine L3, so no HD streaming on some platforms such as Netflix.
- A PC with ADB and Fastboot installed
- Realme 6 Pro Unlock tool which we’ll use here for Realme 6
- A USB cable and your device battery should be at least 60%.
- Unlock Tool (of Realme 6 Pro): Download.
- Magisk Manager: Download.
- Realme 6 Stock Firmware: Download
Once you’ve set-up all the essentials. Follow the below steps to get started.
- Install and Open Unlock tool on your device.
- Click “Start applying”
- Read the disclaimer in detail. If you’re good to go, then select the checkbox, and submit your application.
- The application will be forwarded to Realme servers for verification.
- Approximately 10 – 15 minutes later, the unlock tool APK should show the status of the unlock request.
- If it shows the unlocking successful, then you’re good to go. (If unsuccessful make sure you’ve active internet connection and try once again from the 1st step).
- Now click “Start the in-depth test” and the device will reboot automatically. The following string will display on the screen: fast boot_unlock_verify ok.
- After that, connect your phone to PC via Fastboot mode.
- Enter the command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Enter the command:
fastboot flashing unlock
- Now on your phone press the Volume Up key to select “UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER”
- Upon you press the Volume Up, your phone will reboot and enter the in-depth test mode.
- The in-depth test mode will erase data and unlock the bootloader fully.
- That’s it, you now have an unlocked Realme 6.
Since the official unlock tool isn’t available the above method may or may not work for some. If you’re able to get the bootloader unlocked then it’s time to root. If not unlocked then you’re out of luck and wait for Realme to release the in-depth tool designated for Realme 6.
Root Unlocked Realme 6
As mentioned, the custom development sector for Realme 6 is poultry. It doesn’t have custom TWRP, so rooting need to be done via the patched boot image method of Magisk.
To use this method, you are required to obtain a copy of the stock boot/recovery image, which can be found by extracting stock Realme 6 firmware or extracting from OTA update zips. Once you extract the boot.img, follow the below steps.
- Copy the boot/recovery image to your device
- Download and install the latest Magisk Manager
- Press Install → Install → Select and Patch a File, and select your stock boot image file
- Magisk Manager will patch the image, and store it in
- Copy the patched image from your device to your PC. If you can’t find it via MTP, you can pull the file with ADB:
adb pull /sdcard/Download/magisk_patched.img
- Flash the patched boot/recovery image to your device and reboot. Here is the fastboot command:
fastboot flash boot /path/to/magisk_patched.img
Reboot the device, once the flashing completes. Go and check the Magisk Manager if root has been successfully installed or not. If done properly, you should have a rooted device otherwise repeat the steps from the beginning.