Lately, the bootloader unlocking tool was made available for the Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 powered Realme 5 Pro running Android 10. Unlike the usual process of bootloader unlock, you’ve to go through some additional steps to get the device unlocked.
Must See: Breaking: Realme X50 Pro 5G appears on TKDN and SIRIM, launching soon in Indonesia and Malaysia
Unlocking bootloader of a Realme 5 Pro is known as Deep Test method. As mentioned, the process is a little off from what we’re used to while unlocking a typical Android device. Nonetheless, it’s relatively easy though. Here, we’ll elucidate in a step by step guide on how to successfully unlock the Realme 5 Pro.
Unlock Bootloader Tutorial for Realme 5 Pro
Disclaimer: Unlocking your phone erase ALL OF YOUR DATA! Don’t forget to backup before you proceed. Moreover, Widevine L1 will be replaced by Widevine L3, so no HD streaming on some platforms such as Netflix.
- A PC with ADB and Fastboot installed
- Realme 5 Pro Unlock tool
- A USB cable and your device battery should be at least 60%.
Once you’ve set-up all the essentials. Follow the below steps to get started.
- Install and Open Unlock tool on your device. (Note that, the unlock tool for Android 10 and Android 9 is different. So make sure you download the correct tool according to your currently running OS).
- Click “Start applying”
- Read the disclaimer in detail. If you’re good to go, then select the checkbox, and submit your application.
- The application will be forwarded to Realme servers for verification.
- Approximately 10 – 15 minutes later, the unlock tool APK should show the status of the unlock request.
- If it shows the unlocking successful, then you’re good to go. (If unsuccessful make sure you’ve active internet connection and try once again from the 1st step).
- Now click “Start the in-depth test” and the device will reboot automatically. The following string will display on the screen: fast boot_unlock_verify ok.
- After that, connect your phone to PC via Fastboot mode.
- Enter the command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Enter the command:
fastboot flashing unlock
- Now on your phone press the Volume Up key to select “UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER”
- Upon you press the Volume Up, your phone will reboot and enter the in-depth test mode.
- The in-depth test mode will erase data and unlock the bootloader fully.
- That’s it, you now have an unlocked Realme 5 Pro.
I hope the guide to unlock Realme 5 Pro bootloader is clear. If you’ve any doubts, do let us know down in the comments.