This is the explanation on how to unlock the Bootloader of Realme XT Android smartphone. We have illustrated a step-by-step guide to make the process easier and simple-to-follow for you. So, let’s proceed astutely to unlock the Bootloader of your Realme handset safely.
What is Bootloader?
This may be the first query to hit you the mind of those unknown to the concept. Therefore, it becomes inevitable to spew a few words about what we are going to execute.
Well, Bootloader is a system program that triggers as soon as you start or power ON your device. It helps the device to find the right operating system to boot. This principle applies to all OS equipment, i.e. Windows, Linux, or any other.
In the case of the Android platform, it is Bootloader that decides when to run Android or when to enter recovery mode. Hence, Bootloader directs the device to cultivate the right program for smoother and speedy performance.
Most of the manufacturers stored the Bootloader beyond the reach of users. In other words, it comes in a locked state so that users can deal with only the operating system installed. However, some of the producers release their Android handsets with unlocked Bootloader.
Benefits & Drawbacks of Unlocking The Bootloader
Here’re various advantages and limitations of unlocking a Bootloader of your Android device. Bootloader unlocking will allow you;
- To root your device
- To install any custom recovery or ROM
- To Flash TWRP recovery
On the contrary, unlocking a Bootloader;
- Will void your phone’s warranty
- Will prevent you from receiving OTA updates
- May cause permanent damage to your device
Realme XT Specs
In the flow, let’s have some words about the Realme XT phone. It is a successor to the Realme X and released back in September 2019. The mid-range handset rounds up top-notch features on the list to bestow exceptional performance to the owner.
Starting with the display unit, the Realme XT acquires a 6.4” Super AMOLED FHD+ display with 2340x1080p resolution and 403 PPI pixel density. It also wears the corning gorilla glass 5 protection.
The software apartment runs the Android 9.0 Pie platform with Realme UI skin. There is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 chipset along with Adreno 616 GPU unit under the hood. The storage slot provides 4GB/64GB, 6GB/64GB, and 8GB/128GB choices.
In terms of photography skills of the Realme XT, it clicks high-resolution photos and videos with the 64MP f/1.8 primary sensor. The company also has deployed 8MP + 2MP + 2MP lenses on the back to attract the camera enthusiasts. It also has a 16MP scanner for selfies.
In other specifications, the Realme XT phone acknowledges the dual-SIM support, WIFI, Bluetooth, FM Radio, GPS, in-display fingerprint scanner, and 4000 mAh battery with VOOC 3.0 charging system.
Unlock Bootloader of Realme XT
Now is the time to unlock your Realme phone’s Bootloader or boot manager. If you want to root your device, it is also possible only if you have an unlocked Bootloader. Thus, unlocking Bootloader will also unlock ways to root your phone to use it as per your way. You will notice an incredible boost in performance and speed.
But nothing is free in this world. Unlocking Bootloader may beget permanent harm to your phone, and you will no longer be able to receive official OTA updates. So, this is the crucial and principal thing you need to keep in mind while unlocking the Bootloader of your Realme XT.
NOTE: We are not liable to any damage or destruction that can be occurred to your Realme XT during the Bootloader-unlocking process. You will proceed solely at your own risk.
- Your Realme XT phone with a minimum of 70% battery level.
- Please preserve a back up of your important data to your computer.
- You should have a USB cable.
- Install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC/laptop.
- And download the Realme XT Testing Tool APK file
- First of all, make sure your Realme XT is up-to-date to the latest version.
- Now, enable ‘Unknown Sources’ in the ‘Settings’ of your device.
- Install Unlock Tool APK application from the download section.
- Launch the app.
- Click on ‘Start Applying’ in the app’s interface.
- A disclaimer will appear. Please go through the text and then check the box to accept the terms and conditions.
- Now, click the ‘Submit Application’ button.
- Further, Realme servers will check your application. It will take approximately one hour.
- If everything goes well, you will get ‘Review Successful’ on your phone’s screen.
- Now, click on the ‘Start the In-depth test’ button. It will reboot your Realme XT into a fastboot window.
- It will show you a pop-up message – ‘fast boot_unlock_verify_ok.’
- Now, move to your PC and connect your phone with it using a USB cable.
- Furthermore, you will open the CMD (command prompt) by pressing the combination of Shift + Right Click in the ADB and Fastboot extracted folder.
- Before moving ahead, confirm the connectivity of your device by typing the following command – ‘fastboot devices’
- Now, you will enter the Bootloader mode with the ‘adb reboot bootloader’ command.
- Now, you will type the ‘fastboot flashing unlock’ command to unlock the bootloader of your Realme XT Android device.
- Further, you will get a warning message on your device’s screen. You must select the OK button using the Volume Up key and then press the Power button to confirm. It will unlock the Bootloader of your Realme XT in a few seconds. Your handset will reboot automatically.
Congratulations! You have unlocked the Bootloader of the Realme XT Android phone successfully. If you get any problem while unlocking the Realme XT Bootloader then do comment below.