Google has finally released the all-new ninth generation Android OS which is the Android 9.0 Pie. This is a must download Android update which the company has recently released. There are some lucky phones as well which will receive this latest OS. Although, after the Google Pixel as these are the first model to receive Google’s latest update. For now, all the phones models will not get the latest OS. We have a good news for all the LG V50 ThinQ users and interested buyers.
This year, LG has launched the all-new flagship model, LG V50 ThinQ. It has soon become of the most loved model of the company and has attracted many customers. HMD Global has recently announced to offer Android 9.0 Pie in its latest model. Along with LG V50 ThinQ, LG V30 ThinQ and LG V50 ThinQ Premium will also get the update. to become the company’s fourth smartphone to get the stable Android Pie update.
The latest LG phones have a deal with Google’s Android One programme that will offer speedy software updates. HMD has earlier said that the phone will get the latest updated software by the end of November, this year. Android 9.0 Pie is released with many outstanding features which will surely force you to download it. We also recommend you to install the OS as soon as it is available in your smartphone.
If you don’t know why you should download the latest update, then we will tell you some interesting things about this OS here. The phone comes with Android Oreo 8.1. Many users have reported some severe problems in this OS so, it’s better to upgrade the OS which comes with many new features and bug fixes. You can contact Gadgetsay if you have any queries relating to our posts. Now. let’s begin to know about Update LG V50 ThinQ into latest version software update OTA.
Update LG V50 ThinQ Into Latest Version Software Update OTA
LG V50 ThinQ Oreo Update Issues
Before proceeding to the details of the latest update, we will know some common problems observed in the Android Oreo which makes the new update beneficial. We will also tell the fixes of the problems for those users who don’t want to download the latest update. So, without wasting time, let’s know the issues of Android Oreo which is integrated into the LG V50 ThinQ.
1. Installation Issue: let’s begin with the most common issue which is with installation and updates. This issue can be easily fixed. You just have to reboot the smartphone like you usually do. We have another magical method for you. You have to allow your smartphone’s battery to completely disappear. Now, charge the phone until the battery is fully charged to 100 percent.
Update issue can also occur due to internet connectivity so, make sure you have a working internet connection while downloading the latest updates. If you find that the internet is working, but you cannot install, then toggle on the Airplane mode. This mode disables the connectivity temporarily. Simply, drag the tray from above the screen and tap on Airplane mode. Now turn off the option after some time.
2. Battery Draining Issue: Some users have complained of battery draining overnight while ideal. This problem is efficiently solved by Wiping Cache Partition. Follow these steps carefully.
# Press and hold the power button to turn off the smartphone.
# Press and hold the Volume Up along with Power keys until you Android or company’s logo appears on the screen.
# Release both the buttons.
# In recovery mode, you will see several options, you have to select ‘Wipe cache partition’ using the Power key.
# You can navigate from the recovery mode by restarting the device.
3. Wi-Fi/ Bluetooth Problems: The main reason for Bluetooth connectivity problems is third-party apps. So, you must wipe out the apps which have Bluetooth permission. Safe Mode lets you know whether a third-party app affecting your device.
# Press and hold the Power key.
# Tap on Power off option which appears on the screen.
# Click on OK to enter safe mode.
# The Safe mode appears at the bottom of the display.
# Uninstall the desired app if it works well in safe mode.
# Press and hold the Power key.
# Tap Power off and restart on the screen.
# Uninstall the specific application.
4. Sudden Reboots: This is the severe and the most annoying problem found in Android 8.1. The phone suddenly reboots when you are playing any high-end games or completing some important work in documents. This problem can be solved by using the following steps.
# Go to Settings> Storage.
# Tap on other apps options.
# Select the app which you want to clear cache.
# Tap on Clear Cache option.
# Now, restart the phone as you do usually.
5. Weak Performance of the Device: LG V50 ThinQ is integrated with a powerful CPU and chipset so, we cannot doubt the performance of the device. Although, the phone can slow down due to some software bug which is difficult to fix. In this case, you don’t have any option other than a factory reset. Before that don’t forget to back up your files and folders as it will remove all your personal data.
# Press and hold the Power key for a few seconds to turn off the device.
# Connect the phone via Micro USB Cable or charge it.
# Hold and press the Volume Up and Power buttons for few seconds.
# Release all buttons when you have entered the Recovery Mode.
# Select “wipe data/factory reset”. Press the Volume buttons to highlight and the Power key to select.
# Select “Yes–delete all user data”. Press the Power button and release.
# Now, select “reboot system now” via the Power key.
Update Android P
Fortunately, Google has revealed the latest updated Android version, Android P which is soon coming to the latest LG handset. So, if you feel any kind of difficulty, just upgrade the device into the latest Google’s software. I’m sure that the previous gen Android issues can be easily fixed by downloading the update. Before that, you must know some special features of the update which you shouldn’t miss.
1. Upgraded by AI: Android 9.0 Pie is introduced with some advanced features powered by artificial intelligence (AI). This will help you to improve your overall smartphone experience and make it just awesome. App Actions is one of that new feature which is included in the App Drawer that will give you suggestions as per your last actions and everyday activities. This feature will definitely make your life easier.
2. Slices it Up: Slices feature is focused on improving the activities useful in terms of application. If you use a cab booking app. then you don’t have to open and follow a lengthy method. This is what it actually does. Adaptive Brightness turns into advanced automatic brightness which will change the brightness as per the lighting conditions surrounding the device. Not only that, it will give you a warmer eye comfort.
3. Easier navigation: Android 9.0 Pie brings the latest system navigation. The traditional Android navigation buttons have been replaced with a small pill-shaped icon at the bottom of the screen. You will see a new pill-shaped home button which you have to drag right and you will navigate to the previously opened application. However, the back button will be not replaced with it. This will also open Google Assistant.
4. New gesture controls: The new update will also let you enjoy new gestures. You can press the Power and Volume Up buttons to avoid the sound and activate silent mode. It also gets an “Accessibility Menu” at the end of the display which makes the icons bigger for Google Assistant and others, starting the notifications shade, and capturing screenshots.
5. Lockdown feature: We additionally get a “Lockdown” mode which can be enabled by pressing the power button and select Lockdown from the present options on the screen. This feature will lock your smartphone, remove all notifications and personal info which you don’t want to see on the lock screen. You can only open the phone using the PIN or password. Although, you cannot use the biometric to unlock your phone like fingerprints and face unlock.
LG V50 ThinQ software update
Now, I know that you must be ready to update the new Android version. Many of the new users don’t know how to update the smartphone so, here are the very simple steps.
1. Navigate to the Settings section of the smartphone.
2. Select the General tab > About phone.
3. Click on Software info.
4. If you find any app updates available, tap on it to download.
So, these were all about Update LG V50 ThinQ into latest version software update OTA. If you want to know more about the update, then contact us. In our previous articles, we have given some useful troubleshooting guides of this model which you can also read. If you have any problems relating to any other smartphone model, then we are here to help you. You can share this article with your friends and families who own the latest LG phone. I hope you liked this post.