Windows Old Folder: Whenever you install a new copy of Windows, the installation process creates a Windows.old folder which consists of your older windows files. This copy of windows file is done as a safeguard mechanism so that your windows can roll back if new installation goes wrong.
When your new windows installation takes place without any error then this folder should get deleted automatically which doesn’t happen and therefore it consumes unnecessary hard disk space.
You can delete this Windows.old folder from “Local Disk C” which we don’t recommend. By deleting this windows.old folder manually, many small files are not able to delete.
Don’t worry, this guide will help you to delete this Windows Old Folder completely
Follow this tutorial step by step and free up your hard disk space easily
- Open “My Computer” or simply use Windows key + E keyboard shortcut to open Windows Explorer
2. On left panel click on “This PC“
3. Right click on Local Disk C and select properties.
4. A dialog box will appear. On that box, Click on Disk Cleanup
5. Your Windows will scan the files on Local Disk C which can free up your space. This will take a few seconds not more than that.
6. Now, select Previous Windows Installation(s) option to delete your previous windows installation. Apart from this, you can also delete Windows upgrade log files and Temporary Windows Files to free up gigabytes of files consuming your precious space.
7. After this, click OK then click delete files on the next dialog pop up. Click Yes to complete the process.
If you follow the above guide step by step then you will be able to free up large gigabytes of free space.
There is no harm in deleting windows.old folder and therefore you can follow this tutorial blindly as it will not affect your windows in any way.
If you still face any difficulty then let us know in the comment section below. We will be happy to help you.
Want more tutorials like this? then you should follow Gadgetsay on various social networking platforms.